Occupational Healthcare Programs
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, drug screens and background checks are not required for our Occupational Healthcare courses.
Have an interest in Nurse Aide or other short term healthcare training programs? Vance-Granville Community College is collaborating with partners at the NCWorks Career Center and the local Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) adult contractor, Educational Data Systems Inc. (EDSI), to get students into a Nurse Aide cohort
Visit your local NC Works Career Center in Oxford or Henderson to ask about the referral process or Call 919-693-2686 or 252-438-6129.
Also print a Information Package Occupational Healthcare Overview . This package will (cover) Dress Code Policy,(you are required to wear your uniforms on the first day of class), Tardiness, Absence Policy, for all Healthcare programs. This information can be printed out at any campus.
Once you have found the class you want you are looking for a button that says Register. It should be at the far right of the class option you desire. If you cannot see the register option then use your scroll bar to slide the screen over to see the entire menu.
After you complete the registration form you will be taken to a screen where you can pay. The student is enrolled in the program after payment has been received.
If you elect not to pay online you can go to any VGCC campus to receive a package of information, register, and pay for the course.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-738-3300
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or call us at 252-738-3300
Choose a Program to Get Information & Checklists
REQUIRED PAPERWORK:Information Package Nurse Aide Level I Checklist for Nurse Aide Level I
Nurse Aide 1 Program Update: Effective January 1, 2019
VGCC’s Nurse Aide I (NAI) (a.k.a Certified Nursing Assistant or CNA) program introduces students to basic nursing skills needed in a healthcare setting, and is approved by the NC Division of Health Service Regulation.
To best serve students, our Nurse Aide 1 Program will be updated from 160 hours to 192 hours: 60 hours of lecture, 66 hours of lab, 42 hours of clinical, and 24 hours of National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NAAP) Skill Training to prepare students for successful completion of the North Carolina Nurse Aide 1 State test and placement on the North Carolina Nurse Aide 1 Registry.
In addition, a Human Resources Development (HRD) component is also included. The HRD portion of the class will cover Healthcare Career Exploration, Employability Skills, Basic Computer Skills, and ACT WorkKeys® preparation and assessment.
Nurse Aide Level 1 is a 192 hours plus 28 hours of Pathways to Nursing courses. This Program prepares students for employment in a variety of health care settings, including nursing homes, assisted living homes, home care, hospitals and doctor’s offices. Nursing assistants provide basic patient care and assist the nursing staff with routine daily tasks. Below is the link to print for the requirements to enroll into the Nurse Aide Program.
FEES for Nurse Aide Level I:
* Registration fee $180.00 * Security fee $4.00 * Supplies $8.75 * Malpractice $16.00 * Accident Insurance $1.25 * State Testing fees: $120.00 (Required after NA1 Class and Clinical is successfully completed) – Total $210.00
* Drug Screen, background, uniforms, approximately $125.00 (will be done after you start the program)
* Book: none
*Some clinical sites may require an additional fee of $25.00 in order to attend clinical.
Nurse Aide Level 2 is a 181 hour program. This is an advanced level program designed to further the skills for the Nurse Aide Level I. Duties of the Nurse Aide II may include glucose monitoring, sterile procedures, IV monitoring, catheter insertion, and wound care. The Program prepares students for employment in a variety of health care settings, including nursing homes, assisted living homes, home care, hospitals and doctor’s offices. Below is the link to print for the requirements to enroll into the Nurse Aide Level II Program.
FEES for Nurse Aide Level 2:
* Registration fee $180.00 * Security fee $4.00 * Supplies $3.75 * Malpractice $16.00 * Accident Insurance $1.25 * Board of Nursing Registration fee $35.00 (Required after NA 2 Class and Clinical is successfully completed)
* Drug Screen, background, uniforms, approximately $125.00 (will be done after you start the program) * Book $106.75 (subject to change)
NOTE: Must have medical insurance.
Phlebotomy is a 240 hour program. Prepares students for employment in a variety of settings, including hospitals, mobile labs and doctor’s office. Phlebotomists draw blood specimens from patients for the purpose of testing and analyzing blood. Below is the link to print for the requirements to enroll into the Phlebotomy Program.
FEES for Phlebotomy:
* Registration fee $180.00 * Security fee $4.00 * Supplies $3.75 * Malpractice $16.00 * Accident Insurance $1.25 * Book: $98.00 plus tax (subject to change) *Drug Screen, background, uniforms, approximately $125.00, *National Certification ASCP, approximate testing $135.00
***Clinical hours will vary outside of class schedule times and dates.
Medication Aide is a 24 hour program. Students will be able to administer medications in the nursing home. Must be a Nurse Aide or a Nurse Aide student in class, or on Nurse Aide I registry, High School Diploma required or HS equivalency, (GED)
FEES for Medication Aide:
* Registration fee $70.00 * Security fee $4.00 * Book: $25.40 (subject to change)
Refresher 1 is a 40 hour program. Is designed for Nurse Aide Level I students whose certification has expired. Must have been a Nurse Aide on registry or provide proof of satisfactory completion of NC State approved NA I program.
FEES for Refresher I:
* Registration fee $125.00 * Security fee $4.00
Nurse Aide ll Refresher is a 24-hour program. This NAll Refresher Program is ONLY for those NAlls who have an expired NAll listing and meet all eligibility requirements This Program prepares the student for renewal of NAll recertification. The candidate is then eligible for employment in a variety of health care settings. This course prepares the student to complete seven Modules and quizzes online. The candidate will complete a lab skill/competency evaluation, which is required for documenting student competency. Upon satisfactory completion of the course, the graduate is eligible to renew their NA ll listing with the North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide ll Registry.
Prerequisites: High School Diploma, GED, or High School Equivalency, and listing on the NC Nurse Aide 1 Registry.
1. The NAll must have been eligible for renewal of NAll Listing prior to the listing expiration.
• The Nurse Aide ll must have worked at least eight hours for compensation during the past 24 months performing nursing care activities under the supervision of a registered nurse.
• The NAll must have no substantiated findings of abuse, neglect, or misappropriation of funds on the DHSR Nurse Aide Registry.
2. The NAll has had a continuous period of 24 months during which nursing care activities were not performed for monetary compensation, but patient care activities were performed for compensation.
NOTE: If the NAll does not meet either of the above criteria, an entire NAll course must be completed.
Fees for NAll Refresher: $77.00
Book: None, Modules and Quizzes, online
Geriatric Nurse Aide a 100 hour program that is designed to provide advanced training for the Nurse Aide I. The program curriculum is focused on geriatric care with an emphasis on person-centered care concepts, hydration, nutrition, mental health, dementia, behavioral challenges, pain management, palliative care and stress management.
FEES for Geriatric Nurse Aide:
* Registration fee $180.00 * Security fee $4.00 * Supplies $3.75 * Malpractice $16.00 *Accident Insurance $1.25 * Book Fee $
Home Care Nurse Aide is a 100 hour program that provides advanced training for the Nurse Aide I. The program focuses on enhancing specific skills needed when working a home care setting includes person-centered care, nutrition/hydration, patient and personal safety, mental health, dementia, behavioral challenges, pain management, palliative care and stress management.
FEES for Home Care Nurse Aide:
* Registration fee $180.00 * Security fee $4.00 * Supplies * Malpractice * Accident Insurance * Book: