Nurse Aide II Refresher
Search for scholarship options.
View schedules and register for courses.
Log into Moodle for access to online classes.
This course prepares the student for renewal of NA ll certification. This course utilizes the Nurse Aide II skills competency polices and skills training modules. Topics include: role of the NAII, oxygen therapy, sterile technique, wound care, suctioning, tracheostomy care, peripheral IV fluids, urinary catheterization, G-Tube feeding, and elimination. Student will complete coursework and quizzes online and will then complete a required lab skill/competency evaluation, which is required for documenting student competency. The graduate is eligible to renew their NA ll listing with the North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide ll Registry, with no further testing required.
This 24-hours course is comprised of 18 hours of online instruction and 6 hours in the lab for Competency Assessment.
- Eligible for renewal of Nurse Aide II Listing prior to listing expiration.
- Received eight hours of compensation, during the past 24 months, for performing nursing care activities under the supervision of a RN.
- No substantial findings of abuse, neglect, or misappropriation of funds on the DHSR Nurse Aide Registry
- Have a continuous period of 24 months during which nursing care activities were not performed for monetary compensation, but patient care activities were performed for compensation.
- Nurse Aide I Registry listing
$77.00 plus fees
None. Modules and quizzes are completed online.
- Clean fingernail of fingertip length or shorter, without polish or acrylic
- Tattoos must be covered.
- The only body piercing jewelry allowed is one pair of stud earrings. Stud earrings are to be worn in the earlobes only.
- Unnatural colored hair is not allowed. For example, blue, purple, green (or any sprayed-in hair color or hair chalk) is not allowed.