At VGCC all of your online access is available through one user ID and password duo called your VanguardID .
- Use the “What’s my Vanguard ID?” tool to retrieve your Vanguard ID username.
- Once you have retrieved your Vanguard ID username, go to the myVGCC log-in screen.
- Enter your Vanguard ID username into the username field.
- New Students – Enter VG and last four digits of your Social Security number as your default password (Example VG9876).
- If you did not provide a Social Security number on your application, you will enter VG and the last four digits of your Student ID number.
- Returning Students – Your password will be the same as when you were previously a student at VGCC.
If you need further assistance please feel free to fill out a Help Desk Request and someone from VGCC will call to assist you with your request.
- First two characters of the default password are capitalized. Note: Once logged in, the system will require you to reset your password.
- Can’t remember your password? Check your hint before placing a help desk request. Enter UserId, leave password blank and click on the hint box.
- Passwords must contain at least one letter, one number and be 6 to 9 characters in length.
- Passwords are case sensitive, so make sure Caps Lock key is set appropriately.
- PASSWORD RESETS: If you are a current student you can reset your password by going to Outlook Student Email and clicking “Can’t access your account?” or “Forgot my Password”
- If you can log into myVGCC (WebAdvisor), but are having difficulty logging into Moodle, you will need to enter a help desk request . Note: Moodle is usually not accessible until first day of class.
Help Desk Info
- Never enter you social security number when filling out your help desk request.
- Logins and passwords cannot be emailed for security reasons, therefore you must provide a daytime contact phone number.
- You can expect to receive a response from your helpdesk request within 48 hours.