At VGCC all of your online access is available through one user ID and password duo called your VanguardID .
- Use the “What’s my Vanguard ID?” tool to retrieve your Vanguard ID username.
- Once you have retrieved your Vanguard ID username, go to the myVGCC log-in screen.
- Enter your Vanguard ID username into the username field.
- New Students – Enter VG and last four digits of your Social Security number as your default password (Example VG9876). If you did not provide a Social Security number on your application, you will enter VG and the last four digits of your Student ID number.
- CCP Students – Enter VG and last four digits of your Social Security number as your default password (Example VG9876). If you did not provide a Social Security number on your application, you will enter VG and the last four digits of your Student ID number.
- Returning Students – Your password will be the same as when you were previously a student at VGCC.
How Do I Get Help?
There are many options for students that need assistance with their passwords, login issues, multifactor authentication, or other, more general, technical problems. See below for the various options:
Main Campus Open Lab
Building 7, Room 7322
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
Over the Phone
Students needing help with login related issues are encouraged to call our Help Desk Request line at: 252-738-3316 during normal business hours.
Students may put in a Help Desk Request Form for help with any number of tech related issues. A valid call back number is required so that someone from our IT department can reach out to you directly.
Students may also utilize the 24/7 Anthology Help Desk for moodle related issues including, but not limited too, password resets and other general login issues.
- First two characters of the default password are capitalized. Note: Once logged in, the system will require you to reset your password.
- Can’t remember your password? Check your hint before placing a help desk request. Enter UserId, leave password blank and click on the hint box.
- Passwords must contain at least one letter, one number and be 6 to 9 characters in length.
- Passwords are case sensitive, so make sure Caps Lock key is set appropriately.
- PASSWORD RESETS: If you are a current student you can reset your password by going to Outlook Student Email and clicking “Can’t access your account?” or “Forgot my Password”
- If you can log into myVGCC (WebAdvisor), but are having difficulty logging into Moodle, you will need to enter a help desk request . Note: Moodle is usually not accessible until first day of class.