Nurse Aide I Refresher
Search for scholarship options.
View schedules and register for courses.
Log into Moodle for access to online classes.
This course prepares students to provide personal care and perform basic nursing skills for the elderly and other adults. Emphasis is placed on reviewing basic nursing skills, personal care skills, recognition of mental health and social service needs, care of the cognitively impaired residents, basic restorative services and resident rights. This class has a large laboratory component. Students are prepared to retake the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) Examination.
40-hour course offered in seated format. Class days and times vary.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent diploma)
- Proof you have been on Nurse Aide Registry listing or proof of satisfactory completion of recent NC state approved NAI program
$129.00 plus fees
Printed copy of textbook is supplied by instructor.
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Clean fingernail of fingertip length or shorter, without polish or acrylic
- Tattoos must be covered.
- The only body piercing jewelry allowed is one pair of stud earrings. Stud earrings are to be worn in the earlobes only.
- Unnatural colored hair is not allowed. For example, blue, purple, green (or any sprayed-in hair color or hair chalk) is not allowed.
On the first day of class, your instructor will tell you what immunizations are needed and whether or not drug screen and background screening is needed. All students must have an annual flu shot for classed scheduled October-March.