At VGCC all of your online access is available through one user ID and password duo called your VanguardID.
The default password for your VanguardID is defaulted to VG(last four digits of your SS#) so it would look like VG1234
NOTE: If you did not provide us with a SS# then it is the last four digits of your Student ID.
Follow the steps below to get your VanguardID username:
- Go to the myVGCC Page
- Click on “I’m New to WebAdvisor”
- Complete the “What’s my VanguardID?” form to retrieve your VanguardID.
- Remember your VanguardID!
- Click “Log In” at the top right of the screen
- Log in with your VanguardID and default password. You will then be prompted to update your password to whatever you like.
Congratulations! Your VanguardID is setup and you now can use the same account across all VGCC online applications such as…
- First two characters of the default password are capitalized. Note: Once logged in, the system will require you to reset your password.
- Can’t remember your password? Check your hint before placing a help desk request. Enter UserId, leave password blank and click on the hint box.
- Passwords must contain at least one letter, one number and be 6 to 9 characters in length.
- Passwords are case sensitive, so make sure Caps Lock key is set appropriately.
- PASSWORD RESETS: If you are a current student you can reset your password by going to Outlook Student Email and clicking “Can’t access your account?” or “Forgot my Password”
- If you can log into myVGCC (WebAdvisor), but are having difficulty logging into Moodle, you will need to enter a help desk request . Note: Moodle is usually not accessible until first day of class.
Help Desk Info
- Never enter you social security number when filling out your help desk request.
- Logins and passwords cannot be emailed for security reasons, therefore you must provide a daytime contact phone number.
- You can expect to receive a response from your helpdesk request within 48 hours.
Need Account Help? Contact us through our help desk request form !
What is myVGCC? (formerly called WebAdvisor)
myVGCC is your online portal for many of your academic needs. Everything from registering for classes to Financial Aid information can be found there. Here is a list of more things you can do in myVGCC:
- Add and drop classes
- View or print a semester schedule
- View financial information
- Check status of financial aid
- View Grades and grade point average by term
- View or print an unofficial transcript
- Request official transcripts
- Access test summary
- Review your student profile information including advisor name/contact information, and academic program information.