THE COLLEGE IS OPERATING UNDER MODIFIED CONDITIONS.
The College sends notifications via email and through our VGAlerts system that sends out text messages and emails. Now is a great time to go to the VGAlerts webpage and make sure your notification settings are correct. Call the VGCC Hotline at 252-572-1736 to speak to a staff member if you have any questions or need assistance.
VGCC is committed to meeting the challenges associated with Covid-19 in a responsible and responsive manner. Our first priority is for the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff, while delivering a high quality learning experience.
Fall 2021 Campus Protocol – August 16, 2021
- Persons exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms should not come to campus. Please utilize our remote services.
- Masks are required for all persons while indoors, vaccinated or unvaccinated.*
- VGCC will continue to encourage social distancing – including classrooms and meeting areas. Class caps will remain low through the Fall semester in order to allow for social distancing as a precautionary measure.
* Those who cannot wear face masks due to medical or religious reasons should consult with the Student Engagement and Success Office or Human Resources (if employee) for further guidance and options.
If you have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19
Please follow the latest CDC guidelines for quarantine and notify your faculty (students) or Human Resources (employees)
CDC Guidelines for Quarantine (Opens in a new window)
Please note that there are different guidelines for vaccinated and unvaccinated exposures.
Civic Center and Outdoor Rental
- Outdoor rental will follow pre-pandemic rules and regulations
- Indoor rental will be allowed at a capacity which allows for a minimum of 6-foot social distancing between attendees/guest
- Masks do not have to be worn outdoors
- Masks must be worn at all indoor facilities
CARES Act ReportCARES Act Report 11-24-2020
CARES Act Report round 2
CARES Act Report 10-14-20
CARES Act Report 09-04-20
CARES Act Report 07-27-20
CARES Act Report 06-10-20