THE COLLEGE IS OPERATING UNDER MODIFIED CONDITIONS.
The College sends notifications via email and through our VGAlerts system that sends out text messages and emails. Now is a great time to go to the VGAlerts webpage and make sure your notification settings are correct. Call the VGCC Hotline at 252-572-1736 to speak to a staff member if you have any questions or need assistance.
VGCC is committed to meeting the challenges associated with Covid-19 in a responsible and responsive manner. Our first priority is for the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff, while delivering a high quality learning experience.
New Campus Protocol – May 17, 2021
- Persons exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms should not come to campus. Please utilize our remote services.
- VGCC will continue to encourage social distancing – including classrooms and meeting areas. Class caps will remain low through the Fall semester in order to allow for social distancing as a precautionary measure.
Masks are required to be worn in these situations, per the Governor’s Executive Order 215:
- Child care facility
- Indoor classrooms (rationale: we do not know how many CCPP students and unvaccinated students we will have this summer in classrooms)
- Masks will be required to be worn by anyone not fully vaccinated in all situations (honor system)
- Prisons (in-person instruction), medical/clinical facilities (clinicals), or public/charter school locales (off-site teaching)
Here are situations where masks do not have to be worn by fully vaccinated people:
- Shop/lab class where bay doors are open and fresh air is allowed to flow
- Offices (private offices, and shared offices where EVERYONE is fully vaccinated)
- Indoor meetings where everyone is fully vaccinated***
***Because we should care about our fellow employees and students, if anyone asks us to wear a mask in a meeting because they are uncomfortable, immuno-compromised, or a caretaker of someone who has not been vaccinated, please consider wearing a mask anyway.
Civic Center and Outdoor Rental
- Outdoor rental will follow pre-pandemic rules and regulations
- Indoor rental will be allowed at 50% of fire-rating capacity during the months of June and July
- Masks do not have to be worn outdoors
- Masks do not have to be worn by fully vaccinated individuals indoors in the Civic Center
CARES Act ReportCARES Act Report 11-24-2020
CARES Act Report round 2
CARES Act Report 10-14-20
CARES Act Report 09-04-20
CARES Act Report 07-27-20
CARES Act Report 06-10-20