Search for scholarship options.
View schedules and register for courses.
Log into Moodle for access to online classes.
This course is designed to prepare individuals with the theoretical, technical, and clinical skills needed to maintain equipment and provide patient care to those being treated for chronic renal diseases. Class format includes lecture, lab, and clinical activities. Successful completion of this course will prepare the individual for employment as a dialysis technician in hospitals, renal dialysis facilities, and clinics. After one year of work experience, individuals may be eligible to sit for national certification as a Clinical Hemodialysis Technician. 132-hour course offered in seated format. Class/clinical days and times vary.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent diploma)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Criminal background check and drug screening which will be administered by MYB Mind Your Business *
- CPR certification required. *
- Proof of Medical Health Insurance *Non-course fees- These items are not included in the course fees.
$180 tuition + fees and textbook
Title: Core Curriculum for the Dialysis Technician Sixth Edition
Cost: $ $40.00
Textbooks can be purchased at the VGCC Bookstores on the Main Campus or online at the VGCC Bookstore website .
- Wear Black uniform (scrub) top and black uniform (scrub) pants
- Clean fingernail of fingertip length or shorter, without polish or acrylic
- Tattoos must be covered.
- The only body piercing jewelry allowed is one pair of stud earrings. Stud earrings are to be worn in the earlobes only.
- Unnatural colored hair is not allowed. For example, blue, purple, green
The following immunizations: two doses, or positive titer for MMR; Varicella; T/dap; Hep B series; Influenza/Flu (except for summer term only); TB (annual TB test), and COVID-19 vaccinations and boosterBack To Top of Page