Office of Accessibility
Hi, my name is Cathy Davis. I am the Counselor and Accessibility Services Coordinator at VGCC. I am excited that you have chosen, or you are considering joining, our Vanguard family. If you are in need of academic accommodations, brief counseling or support services please contact me. I hope to hear from you soon. firstname.lastname@example.org
VGCC is offering Student Assistance Program (SAP) to all students and their household members for FREE!
The SAP offers help for personal, professional or school concerns by providing free, confidential, short-term counseling and personal consultation. Additionally, the SAP provides student-life resources for such issues as legal and financial consultation, online learning and resources.
Examples of concerns that the SAP addresses include:
- Family conflict
- Goal setting
- Relationship issues
- Legal and financial issues
- Grief and loss
- Alcohol or drug use
- Stress, anxiety, or depression
- School-related issues
Access to SAP
Call 704-529-1428 or 800-633-3353
Visit www.vgcc.edu/sap/ or mygroup.com
Contact For Questions
Cathy Davis: SAP Coordinator and Counselor/Accessibility Coordinator
email@example.com or (252) 226 – 9547
To receive accessibility services, students will follow the following steps below:
Steps to Receiving Services
- Accommodation Request Form
- Permission to Disclose Records Form – Please print and take to your medical provider. If your medical provider requires payment for your records, please contact the Office of Accessibility to contact your medical provider on your behalf
- Student Release of Information (FERPA) Form
Need a little help?
Search for free or reduced cost services like medical care, food, job training, and more on your North Carolina Community College Campus through Community College Resource Finder (CCRF) formerly known as Aunt Bertha.
Aunt Bertha is a tool that will assist students with a wide variety of free or reduced cost services such as:
- goods (clothing, home goods, medical supplies)
- and more