Home Areas of Study Vance-Granville Online Complaint Resolution

Complaint Resolution

Vance-Granville Community College Complaint Process

Academic Matters

Vance-Granville Community College has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA (https://www.nc-sara.org/) is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary education. Students enrolled in online courses at VGCC who have a complaint about grades, college decisions, or other VGCC procedures should follow the college’s policies for Academic Grievance/Grade Appeals Procedure, which is available to view in our college catalog (https://www.vgcc.edu/catalog/academic-information/)

For further information, please contact:
Dr. Kim Sepich
Vice President of Learning, Student Engagement, and Success

Complaints should be addressed to the attention of the supervising dean for the program/department:

Angela Thomas – Dean of Health Sciences
Brandy Bowling – Dean of Arts & Sciences
Stephanie Tolbert – Dean of Business and Applied Technology
Vance-Granville Community College Grievance Procedure

State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement – North Carolina (SARA NC)

If an issue cannot be resolved internally, the student may file a complaint with his/her state. For students residing outside North Carolina, each SARA-member state has a liaison office . You may also file a complaint in your own state of residence. Contact information can be found in the Directory of State Authorization Agencies and Contacts.
If an issue cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, you may file a complaint with SARA-NC the authorizing agency for North Carolina on the SARA-NC complaint website and Complaint Form .

c/o SARA North Carolina
P.O. Box 14103
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
E-Mail: information@saranc.org
(855) SARA1NC, toll free
(855) 727-2162, toll free
(919) 248-6667, fax

SARA North Carolina is a program of the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority. The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) is an agreement among member states and districts that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of post-secondary distance education courses and programs. The primary objectives of SARA NC are to make it easier for institutions in North Carolina to provide online and distance education options to students in other states and to provide basic protections for those students.

Regional Accreditor (SACSCOC) Complaint Process

If a student has evidence that an institution is in significant non-compliance with SACSCOC standards, policies, or procedures, the individual should inform SACSCOC using the information and form in the PDF linked below.


1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097
Telephone: 404-679-4500
Website: http://www.sacscoc.org

To file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Division of the North Carolina Department of Justice, please visit the State Attorney General’s web page at: http://www.ncdoj.gov/complaint or access the NC DOJ online fillable complaint form . North Carolina residents may call (877) 566-7226. Outside of North Carolina, please call (919) 716-6000. En Espanol (919) 716-0058.

If you choose to mail a complaint, please use the following address:
Consumer Protection Division
Attorney General’s Office
Mail Service Center 9001
Raleigh, NC 27699-9001

Discrimination and Equity Issues

All discrimination and equity issues should be filed with VGCC’s Title IX Coordinator .

Disability and Accessibility

Attempts to fulfill ADA/504 requirements should be sent to VGCC’s Accessibility Services