2021 Graduation Information
VGCC’s May 2021 Graduation Ceremony will be a virtual ceremony held on Thursday May 20 at 3 PM
All students who have completed their degree or diploma requirements in December 2020, May 2021 or are predicted to complete by July 2021 are eligible to be in the ceremony.
All curriculum graduates are required to apply for graduation online through myVGCC (Click on the Graduation Overview title.) Students will be charged the $20 graduation fee for each degree earned once the application is submitted. Graduates should confirm with their advisor or check the Progress Tab in their myVGCC account (Click on the Student Planning title) that they are eligible to graduate before submitting the application online. A final check of the graduation application will then be completed in the Registrar’s Office. Please note that final graduation is contingent upon successful completion of all courses required to meet the diploma or degree requirements, a final cumulative GPA of 2.000 or higher and owing no outstanding debt to the VGCC Business Office. The final graduation transcript review is done as soon as all required grades are received from the faculty. Any student who does not meet final graduation criteria will not be allowed to participate in graduation. Graduates with questions regarding eligibility for graduation should contact the Registrar’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The graduation fee is $20 per degree and may be paid in person at the Business Office or through myVGCC .
Graduation Application Deadlines
December 2020, May 2021 & July 2021 Graduates: must apply by April 19, 2021 to be included in the virtual graduation ceremony.
For those who do not want to be included in the May 20 virtual ceremony, the final date to apply for graduation is June 11, 2021
Important Graduation Events and Details
Graduation Ceremony and Slide
- Personalize your graduation ceremony slide with your photo and personal message. Graduation themed photos are encouraged, but not required. Several have submitted a photo of themselves working in their profession, in graduation regalia, or in regular clothing. To access your graduation slide, see the link in the email “Create Your Graduation Slide” sent to your VGCC email account from email@example.com .
- April 26 – Final date to correct your name pronunciation in MarchingOrder’s Portal. If you have a name that is commonly mispronounced, correct the phonetic pronunciation in the portal. If your name is misspelled or incorrect, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- May 4 – Final date to submit your photo and personal message in MarchingOrder’s Portal.
Diploma Drive-Thru Days
May Graduates are invited to come on campus to pick up their diploma on the following days & times. Please enter the Main campus from the first entrance off I-85 and follow the signs. Students will remain in their cars and pick-up will be in front of Building 8 on the Main Campus in Henderson. Students must have a photo ID to pick-up their diploma. All diplomas not picked up in person will be mailed on May 20th & 21st. Diplomas for July graduates will be mailed in early August 2021. Please note that all diplomas for Early College High School graduates will be given to their Early College High School to be distributed so will not be available for pick-up.
Monday, May 17 from 3-6 pm
Tuesday, May 18 from 10am-2pm
Wednesday, May 19 from 10am-2pm
- The VGCC Bookstore is selling graduation regalia. It is not required, but you are welcome to purchase a cap and gown for personal photos or the GradImages portrait sessions.
- Visit the Bookstore website for their operation hours at https://www.bkstr.com/vgccstore or contact them via telephone at (252) 738-3260.