Student Ambassador Leadership Program
Meet Our Current Ambassadors!
What is it?
Vance-Granville’s Community College Student Ambassadors are a prestigious team of VCCC’s top student leaders who participate in special events in an official capacity. These students act as liaisons between the college and prospective students, their families, guests, alumni, business partners and friends of the college. The Ambassador program provides student leaders to assist in VCCC Endowment efforts, college outreach efforts, campus wide events, and promote the image of Vance-Granville Community College.
- Leadership training and professional development opportunities
- Experience in public relations and public speaking
- Development of skills and confidence vital to success in job interviews and career advancement
- Networking opportunities with faculty, staff, students and administration
- Enhanced connection to the College community
- Monetary stipend up to $800 annually (The ambassadors will receive compensation in the form of scholarships)
- Collegiate attire (shirt, blazer) and official name tag
Ambassador Selection Criteria
Student must exhibit:
- Sincere desire to represent VGCC
- Effective speaking skills
- Ability to make a positive first impression and work well with others
- Capacity to adapt to a variety of situations
- Responsibility and dependability
- Must maintain a 3.0 GPA minimum
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
Student Ambassador Obligations
- Commitment to the Ambassador activities (30-40 hours of service per semester, not including orientation leadership training in July).
- High standards of academic honesty and responsible behavior
- Dedication to the group and ability to commit necessary time (average 2 ½ hours a week)
Student Ambassadors will have a number of opportunities to be active representatives for on-campus activities and outreach programs. Examples of these activities include, but are not limited to, providing campus tours to groups and special guests, assisting during special events and college sponsored activities, participating in VGCC Endowment activities, and visiting area high schools and college fairs with Admissions staff members. Students will be given options to commit to specific activities that best suit their interests and schedules. Ambassadors will:
- Serve July – June
- Complete Ambassador Orientation at the start of service
- Attend a monthly meeting
- Commit to orientation and to attend mandatory leadership training in July.
- Mandatory Activities-Tours, Scholarship Ceremony, leadership training and monthly meetings.
Who should be nominated? In addition, the nominee will be screened for strong oral and written communication skills (public speaking), knowledge of the college and community, ability to make a positive impression, scheduling flexibility, access to transportation, and high level of commitment to VGCC.
The 2022-2023 Application is now open.