General Financial Aid Information
It is our mission to provide prospective and enrolled students with information and resources to financially support their educational goals. Below are links to important information and websites for students and their families.
- How Aid is Calculated
- How to Apply for Financial Aid
- How Aid is Disbursed
- VGCC Cost of Attendance
- Consumer Information
- Keeping Your Aid – Standards of Academic Progress (SAP)
- Types of Aid
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) website: https://studentaid.gov/ Home of the U.S. Department of Education’s federal student aid application, FAFSA. Students are able to submit their FAFSA or check their application status. This site also includes information about FAFSA filing options, videos and FAFSA4caster.
- Federal Student Aid ID website: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm Source of information for the FSA ID. The FSA ID is used to electronically apply for student aid and to access Federal Student Aid records online.
- Federal Student Aid website: https://studentaid.ed.gov Information about the different types of aid, how to complete the FAFSA, how to prepare for college, how to apply, and repaying student loans.
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS): U.S. Department of Education’s central database for student aid. NSLDS Student Access provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants for recipients of Title IV (federal financial aid) aid. Students can now view data from NSLDS through the https://www.studentaid.ed.gov website.
- College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC): www.cfnc.org Source for college information in North Carolina. CFNC is a free service that helps students plan, apply and pay for college.
- North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority (NCSEAA): http://www.ncseaa.edu Source for North Carolina financial aid and savings programs.