Skip to main content

Career & College Promise (CCP) FAQs for Parents of Students

Students should see their high school guidance counselor to begin the application process for CCP. They must apply online at and once the application has been submitted a letter will be emailed to them listing their next steps. The student and counselor can also visit the CCP Overview for steps to apply and for CCP Contact information.

No, except for some non-credit courses taken on a self-supporting basis, including safe driving courses.

There is no maximum number of college credits that a CCP student can take. However, students must complete the entire CCP pathway before pursuing additional courses. All CCP participants must maintain eligibility status as it applies to the CCP continued enrollment policy below:

  1. Continue to make progress toward high school graduation
  2. Maintain a 2.0 GPA in college coursework after completing two courses
    • A student who falls below a 2.0 GPA after two college courses will be subject to the college’s policy for satisfactory academic progress

No, students must complete their pathway before taking additional courses.

If a student desires to take courses outside their pathway, he/she must complete a CCP Special Permission Form  requesting to add a pathway. If approved, a student can enroll in two CTE (Career and Technical Education) Pathways or one CTE Pathway and one CT (College Transfer) Pathway.

If a student desires to continue taking courses towards the diploma or degree aligned with their pathway, he/she must complete a CCP Special Permission Form  for approval, once their current pathway is completed.

All curriculum courses taken by CCP students at community colleges in accordance with in G.S. 115D-20(4). are tuition-waived except courses offered on a self-supporting basis. (This applies to Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.)

All community college courses included on the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) Transfer Course List will receive weighted credit in accordance with NCDPI policy GCS-L-004. CTE and other courses not included in the CAA are not eligible for weighted credit.

Yes, principals are permitted to award dual credit based upon course content relative to available high school courses and State Board of Education policy GCS-M-001, which allows students in a College Transfer pathway to receive high school credit toward graduation requirements using community college courses. Additionally, some CTE college courses may count towards high school CTE core requirements. Contact the high school counselor or principal for more information.

CCP students enrolled in community college courses will be held to the same attendance and academic requirements as traditional college students..

No, high school graduates cannot participate in CCP. However, if the high school semester ends after the community college semester has started, the student would still be eligible for CCP. (Example: The community college semester begins on January 6th and the high school semester ends January 18th – the student would still be eligible for CCP because they were still a high school student when community college semester started).

Dean of K-12 Partnership and Warren Campus
(252) 738-3687