Institutional Grants

VanGuarantee Scholarship Program

Funded by the Wilbert A. Edwards Estate Gift

Additional information

Eligibility Criteria:

  • Eligible for In-state tuition per Residency Determination Service (RDS)
  • Must have a legal and permanent residency for 12 consecutive months or more in Franklin, Granville, Warren, or Vance County before the beginning of the semester.
  • Must not already have an associate, bachelor, or higher degree
  • Must be enrolled in 6 credit hours or more
  • Must be the eligibility requirements per the FAFSA
  • Must have financial need per the FAFSA
  • Must first use any other aid awarded
  • Must not have any outstanding debt with VGCC, federal overpayments, or federal loans in default
  • Must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 and remain eligible if awarded prior to the beginning of the semester

Maximum Award: Based on a combination of outstanding balance and need per FAFSA.

Department Grants

VGCC department grant awards are only applied to a student’s balance for tuition, fees, and/or books and are not refundable for cash value or as excess aid. If financial aid and/or scholarships are awarded later or you pay for your tuition and fees, your department grant award will be adjusted. When students register for classes, they are responsible for paying tuition and fees by the college’s published payment deadline.

Your department grant award will hold your classes and prevent you from being dropped for non-payment.  However, by agreeing to accept this grant, you promise to pay any remaining balance by the end of the semester.  Payment plans are available through myVGCC.

Eligibility: Determined by each department

Maximum Award: $250

Special Circumstances:

If you need to use your department grant for books, please check with a Financial Aid specialist to verify that the funds are available.

Contact department heads or deans of your curriculum program, advising, or financial aid to see if they have funds available.  These funds are very limited.

MAIN CAMPUS - Henderson
(252) 738-3280