VanGuarantee Scholarship Program
Funded by the Wilbert A. Edwards Estate Gift
The community college system was founded upon the ideals of access and opportunity. Still, in our region, many individuals are not able to participate in the educational programs offered by Vance-Granville Community College because of cost-related barriers. The VanGuarantee program will ensure that every student residing in Vance, Granville, Franklin, and Warren counties, who wants to earn a college degree, will be able to do so. This scholarship program will guarantee that student financial need, that is unmet by federal financial aid and other support, will be covered.
- The recipient must qualify for in-state tuition, based on qualifications defined by the State of North Carolina for community college admissions, and must have established and maintained legal, permanent residency within Vance, Granville, Franklin, or Warren county for at least twelve (12) consecutive months before the beginning of the term;
- The recipient must not possess a post-secondary degree from any degree-granting institution (including associate, baccalaureate, or graduate/professional degree credentials);
- The recipient must be enrolled in 9 or more credit hours in any curriculum program;
- The recipient must apply and meet eligibility requirements for both endowment scholarships and federal/state financial aid, and have financial need as reported in their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- The recipient must first utilize any federal/state aid, scholarships, voucher, waiver or third party sponsorship;
- The recipient must not owe any outstanding debts, be in default on any student loans, or owe an overpayment on any Title IV grants to the college or any other educational institution;
- The recipient must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher and remain aid eligible.
**Scholarship aid under this program will not be disbursed to a recipient as a credit balance (or excess cash) and can only be used for tuition, books, or other college fees.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
For scholarship information and program updates, complete the Information Request Form below. The Financial Aid Office will contact you directly about the VanGuarantee program.