Federal Work Study Program
- Must complete the FAFSA.
- Depending on available funding, students generally work 10 to 15 hours per week for the school, while classes are in session. (Maximum of 20 hours)
- Students must pass a criminal background check to qualify for employment.
- It is a general practice that students do not work in their program of study.
- Earnings are at least the minimum wage amount
- Apply early; jobs are very limited.
- Please apply for Work Study by visiting https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/vgcceduNC/ . A resume and a cover letter are required, but are for practice.
- Priority is given to students who are enrolled in at least 9 credit hours for fall and spring terms and 6 credit hours for summer term
- Student will not receive payment for work done during scheduled class time
- Paychecks are received at the end of each month
- Depending on the student’s employment start date, there may be a minimum delay of 2 -1/2 weeks before new work study students receive their first paycheck.
- Students may have to interview with prospective supervisors
Contact: Randall Thornton , at (252) 738-3248, for additional information.