Know Your W’s
WEAR a cloth face covering.
WAIT 6 feet apart. Avoid close contact.
WASH your hands often or use hand sanitizer.
All employees, students, and visitors coming to campus during Phase II must wear a mask** on while in public places on campus. This includes classrooms, hallways, shared office spaces, and communal areas. Masks are available from the central office area on each campus, at health screening stations, and from instructors teaching lab courses. VGCC actively encourages the 3 W’s through signage and reminders.
Practice good preventative hygiene:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water, and for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Do not reuse tissue after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
- It is also good practice to start being more aware of the number of times a day your hands touch an object or hard surface and then touch your face without being washed. Limiting the exposure of your nose, mouth and eyes to unwashed hands can help to protect from the spread of all germs and illnesses.
- Have a plan in case you need to miss work or other responsibilities due to personal illness or to care for a sick family member. Contact your instructor to let them know you will be absent.