Curriculum Course Descriptions
The following section contains descriptions of courses offered by Vance Granville Community College.
Components of the course descriptions
- Course prefix, course number, course title
- Number of hours in class, lab, work experience/clinical each week and the number of hours the course is worth upon successful completion.
- Prerequisites: Course or courses that must be successfully completed prior to registering for this course.
Corequisites: Course or courses that must be completed before or taken at the same time of this course.
- Course Offering Availability per semester:
Ex. Fall, Spring, Summer, or at discretion of Dean
- Course description: What the course is about and what you can expect to learn from the course.
Courses that are marked with the indicated number of asterisks below are part of the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement and are considered transferable to the sixteen constituent institutions of the University of North Carolina. Courses not marked with an asterisk are generally those in an Associate in Applied Science degree program and are not considered as transferable to four-year institutions.
* Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC) Courses
** General Education Courses
*** Premajor/Elective Courses