Applications are now available for students wishing to pursue candidacy for the 2018-2019 SGA Executive Committee.
- Information about the duties of each officer's position are covered in the SGA Officer Duties.
- Completed applications must be submitted by March 4.
- The election will be held online, March 19 - 30.
- Questions? Contact Jermiel Hargrove @ firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Student Government Association (SGA)?
The Vance-Granville Community College “Student Government Association” (SGA) serves as the official student voice of the VGCC student body. The SGA encompasses all students currently enrolled at VGCC: anyone taking at least one class at VGCC is an SGA member. The Student Government Association is designed to promote the general welfare of the college in a democratic fashion and to facilitate communication among the student body, the faculty, and the administration. Student government provides a means through which students can promote interest in student activities both on and off campus. To this end, new leaders are elected from and by the general student populace each Spring semester. Meetings are held in Building 8 Conference Room.
In order to qualify for an elected position, a student must:
- Be in good academic standing.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 and have completed at least 2 semesters at VGCC.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credits at the time of the election.
How many members are elected to the Student Government Association?
There are a total of 5 members of the SGA Executive Committee:
- Vice President
- Lead Campus Senators
What are the benefits of being an SGA member?
As a member of the Student Government Association you:
- Will help to plan student events.
- Can participate in Student Activities sponsored lectures, seminars, fundraisers, and other entertainment events.
- $250 scholarship per semester for officers.
For more information about becoming involved in the SGA, please contact:
Office of Student Activities and Athletics
Above: VGCC Student Government Association officers for 2017-18.