WBL for Instructors
Faculty Coordinators work directly with students who are interested or enrolled in a work-based learning (WBL) class. Both full-time and part-time instructors can serve as Faculty Coordinators, and work collaboratively to support the student and employer.
Faculty Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Determining if a student meets the program’s eligibility requirements;
- Approving the student’s Workplace Learning Application;
- Recommending employer worksites based on students’ knowledge, skills, and abilities;
- Reviewing Job Description;
- Conducting at least one employer visit before the semester ends;
- Reviewing the workbook and assigning a grade;
- Submitting paperwork in a timely manner and adhering to NCCCS regulations;
- Promoting the benefits of work-based learning/co-op to both students and employers.