The North Carolina General Assembly appropriates limited funding each academic year to be used to assist student-parents with child care expenses. The intent of this grant is to assist need-based students with the financial responsibilities of child care so they may stay enrolled and complete their educational goals.
- Students must apply for assistance each year
- The application Form and DSS letter are required for Childcare assistance
- Completed FAFSA is required for consideration
- If selected for this grant, assistance begins September 1st of each school year (based on funding availability) and ends June 30th of the following year.
- Available funds are limited, students should apply early
- Applications are available in all Financial Aid Offices
Contact: Thomas Grissom , at (252) 738-3290, for additional information.