VGCC offers all-online 4-week mini-term during holiday season
Vance-Granville Community College is currently registering students for 13 courses that will be offered online, on an accelerated, four-week schedule, from Nov. 29-Dec. 24.
“In between holiday shopping, you can give yourself the gift of education by taking a VGCC mini-term class and earning credits quickly, before we bid farewell to the year 2021,” said Dr. Levy Brown, vice president of Learning, Student Engagement and Success for VGCC. “We are providing this schedule as another convenient, affordable option for students to be successful and continue on the path to completing their program of study.”
The scheduled classes are:
- ACA 122 – College Transfer Success;
- BUS 110 – Introduction to Business;
- CIS 110 – Introduction to Computers;
- CJC 111 – Introduction to Criminal Justice;
- CJC 121 – Law Enforcement Operations;
- CJC 141 – Corrections;
- CJC 225 – Crisis Intervention;
- HEA 110 – Personal Health/Wellness;
- HUM 115 – Critical Thinking;
- MUS 110 – Music Appreciation;
- POL 120 – American Government;
- PSY 150 – General Psychology; and
- SOC 210 – Introduction to Sociology.
Most of these courses transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Students are encouraged to check with their four-year school of choice regarding transferability before registering for particular courses.
New students should contact the VGCC Admissions office to complete the enrollment process, at (252) 738-3327 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Current VGCC students should contact their academic advisors with questions.
The deadline to pay tuition and fees for the holiday mini-term will be Tuesday, Nov. 23, at noon.
For more detailed information on enrolling at VGCC, visit www.vgcc.edu .