The purpose of the Personal Enrichment Program is to provide lifelong learning to meet individual needs and interests,
and contribute to the community’s overall cultural, civic, and intellectual growth.
We offer a number of affordable, non-credit classes that allow students to explore their personal interests. Classes are held in a non-competitive environment allowing students to choose as many classes as they would like.
NOTICE ABOUT DEFENSIVE DRIVING COURSES
**Due to COVID-19, all in-person Defensive Driving classes are canceled at this time until further notice. Please continue to check this website for future updates.**
As an alternative, the Safety and Health Council of NC has created on an online class as a temporary solution for you.
- These online classes have been approved by the District Attorney’s office for Vance, Granville, Franklin & Warren County’s for a limited time during this crisis.
- If your court case is in another county or out of state, please check with that County to see if the classes will be accepted for your case.
What you need to know about the online defensive driving class:
- NO REFUNDS ONCE YOU HAVE PAID FOR THE CLASS
- NO REFUNDS IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLETE THE TRAINING IN THE SPECIFIED TIME! (YOU HAVE 14 DAYS ONCE YOU ARE GIVEN THE ACCESS CODE and YOU LOG IN TO COURSE)
- You may start and stop as often as you like, but it will still require either 4 hours total to complete the class.
- There are knowledge checkpoints through out the training and you must complete those to move forward.
- You must complete all sections assigned to you.
- This training is designed to use on a laptop or computer, NOT a phone.
- Cost is $65.00 for 4 hour course.
- Payment by debit or credit card only
- Once students have registered and paid, they will be sent an email with access code and instructions of how to access the course through the Safety and Health Council of NC
To Register scroll to the bottom of the page.
Our Class List:
A series of courses specifically for entrepreneurs who want to compete in the growing food truck industry. This workshop serves as an introduction to the program and covers the fundamentals of owning and operating a mobile food unit.
This class is physically demanding. You must be able to ride a bicycle and handle a 300lb motorcycle on the range for 6 hours each day. We rarely cancel due to weather, so please factor that into the decision.
You will be required to take a 4 hour online class and provide the certificate on Saturday morning. The cost is included in the class.
Refunds are not given after the class has started.
Portrait Painting – Learn techniques and methods to create your very own portrait painting. (All levels welcomed.)
Exploring Mixed Media & Acrylic – Create a multi media project in this course. Add dimension to your work.
Watercolor – This course will focus on watercolor techniques (Fall 2017 – Tuesday am)
Use a mold to design a unique piece.
Or, explore other techniques.
This 10 week class will cover several basic sewing projects. It will be held on Monday nights from 6-9pm in the Textile Room in Building 5 – 5203. Sewing machines will be provided. Students need to provide their own materials.
A large tote bag, Apron or Placemats, Pillow Cover & Basic use of commercial pattern for 2 simple clothing items.
Student supplied materials:
Supplies needed for 1st project:
Materials: 1 yard woven cotton, 1 yard coordinating woven cotton for lining, 1 yard craft batting or fusible batting or 1 5/8 yard heavier fusible interfacing, all-purpose thread to match fabric, large button for decoration.
Tools: Tape Measure, Seam Gauge, Pins with plastic or glass heads (quilting length), Pin Cushion or magnetic pin holder, Seam Ripper, Needles for Hand Sewing, Thimble, Small Scissors for snipping threads, Dressmaker Shears (used for cutting fabric only), Soap Slivers for marking on fabric, Water Soluble Marking Pen, small basket or container to put supplies.
Book: $18. Instructor will have on hand for purchase
Sewing – Intermediate / Advanced
Students will get the opportunity to work on more advanced projects with the instructor’s guidance.
Tools : Tape Measure, Seam Gauge, Pins with plastic or glass heads (quilting length), Pin Cushion or magnetic pin holder, Seam Ripper, Needles for Hand Sewing, Thimble, Small Scissors for snipping threads, Dressmaker Shears (used for cutting fabric only), Soap Slivers for marking on fabric, Water Soluble Marking Pen, small basket or container to put supplies.
For More Information: Please send an email. It is the best way to get answers firstname.lastname@example.org • (252) 738-3385
Building 7, Room 7101J, Main Campus – Henderson, NC
Office Hours: 8:30-3:00 M-TH Closed on Friday. Anything received after hours will be processed the next business day.
Our classes close automatically a week before the class begins. They may close sooner if we reach the maximum number of students. To be included on the roster, you must both register and pay before the deadline.
Refunds: For Self-Supporting Classes (all Personal Enrichment) no refunds will be given after the class has started, unless the class is canceled.