Customized Training/Industry Services
The Industry Services staff of the College works with new, expanding, and existing industries in providing Customized Training Programs tailored to meet the needs of the industry and its employees. The training programs are flexible in design to accomplish specific objectives and are jointly planned by company personnel and industrial training specialists from the College.
Vance-Granville Community College provides as part of its Customized Training Program the following services (all services are customized to the unique needs and specifications of the client);
- Consulting on training needs
- Training needs assessment and development of customized training plans
- Individual course development, staffing and delivery of customized courses
- Assistance with identifying sources and securing funding for training
Vance-Granville Community College administers locally the North Carolina Community College System Customized Training Program, which provides training assistance for eligible businesses and industries that demonstrate two or more of the following criteria:
- The business is making an appreciable capital investment
- The business is deploying new technology
- The business is creating jobs, expanding an existing workforce, or enhancing the productivity and profitability of the operations within the State
- The skills of the workers will be enhanced by the assistance
Vance-Granville Community College also administers the North Carolina Community College System Business and Industry Support Program for the local area, which provides training assistance for the existing workforce for qualifying businesses and industries. The Industry Services personnel also work closely with the N.C. Commerce Department, the N.C. Community College System office, local economic developers, employment security commissions, and chambers of commerce in the recruitment of new industries and service to all existing businesses/industries in the College’s service area.