Community College Collaboration (C3)
What is C3?
Not everyone’s college career starts at NC State. Each year, nearly 1,700 students transfer to NC State to complete their bachelor’s degree. NC State is committed to increasing that number by providing a guaranteed admission pathway to NC State from our partner community colleges.
The NC State Community College Collaboration (C3) is a dual-admission, dual-enrollment program between NC State University and Vance-Granville Community College in addition to seven other regional community college partners. C3 is intended for community college students from low-to-moderate income backgrounds with demonstrated potential for academic success who aspire to transfer to NC State after completing their associate degree.
C3 provides academic and program support for students during their time in community college and prepares them for a successful transition to NC State and timely completion of a bachelor’s degree.
Guaranteed Admission to NC STATE
C3 participants will have 3 years to complete their Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree and maintenance of a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA at VGCC. At that point C3 participants are guaranteed admission to NC State!! Entry into specific majors may be more competitive.
Who is Eligible?
- Graduating High School Seniors
- Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree students who have completed less than 30 credit hours of college work
- Assistance with program planning and the transfer process by an NC State academic advisor
- Direct access to NC State’s specialized online advising and course planning tools
- Ability to enroll in designated NC State courses as a Non-Degree Studies (NDS) student
- Opportunities to visit NC State’s campus and to attend networking events with other C3 students
Would you like to know more?
Visit NC State’s Community College Collaboration (C3) page for lots more information.