General Student Grievance Procedure
Student grievances that are not academic or disciplinary in nature and/or involve conflicts with other students, alleged violation of students’ civil rights, including sexual harassment, should be addressed according to the following procedures:
- When circumstances occur that cause a student to feel that he/she has a grievance, the student should discuss the issue with a Dean or the Vice President of Employee and Student Services within a reasonable time after the grievance has occurred. The Dean or Vice President of Employee and Student Services may:
- Disseminate information concerning the complaint to the appropriate College officials,
- Investigate the complaint,
- Refer the student to appropriate College officials, or
- Negotiate a resolution to the grievance.
- If a satisfactory resolution is not reached, the student may file a General Student Grievance Form with the Dean or Vice President of Employee and Student Services. If the student is not satisfied with the decision, he or she may request a formal hearing before the Judicial committee within 10 working days.
- The Judicial committee will convene to hear the merits of the complaint and make a recommendation to the President. 4. The President will consider the Judicial committee’s recommendation and will make a decision within five (5) College working days of receiving the committee’s recommendation. The President’s decision will be final.