- This event has passed.
January 25 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Vance-Granville Community College Men’s Achievement Academy will host a virtual panel discussion to honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Tuesday, January 25 at 6:00 p.m. All are invited to attend. We have partnered with Rho Beta Lambda of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., and Vance-Granville’s Initiative on Equity for Women of Color (V.I.E.W.).
The panelists for this celebration include:
- Nimasheena Burns, Durham County Commissioner
- Dr. Jim Harper, Chair of the History Department at North Carolina Central University
- Ms. Whitney Holmes, MHA candidate at UNC Chapel Hill, Franklin County Health Department Health Equity Coordinator
- Dr. Doris T. Williams, Retired Professor and VGCC Board of Trustee Member
- Rev. Dr. William T. Ramey, Retired Educator, Pastor, and VGCC Board of Trustee Member
- Leslie Hurt, Instructor of Sociology at VGCC
You must register for the event. Below is the link:
When: Jan 25, 2022, 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: MLK Virtual Celebration
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
For more information, please contact Mr. Marque Debnam (firstname.lastname@example.org or Jason Snelling (email@example.com).
We look forward to faculty, staff, students and the community joining this incredible event.
Immediately following the event, Sara Bell, VGCC Instructor of Humanities and Leslie Hurt, VGCC Instructor of Sociology will co-host a 30/45 minute reflection session for students; including, but not limited to: Men’s Achievement Academy, Student Government Association, Phi Theta Kappa and Vance Granville’s Initiative on Equity for Women of Color (V.I.E.W.).