The Small Business Center of the College was created to provide the small businesses of the community with a focal point for training, education, counseling and referral. The Small Business Center addresses the continuing need for updated information, refinement of management skills and the improvement of profit advantage in risk-taking. Special attention is given to the critical areas of capital formation and prevention of business failures.The Small Business Center program offerings and services include the following:
- Seminars and short courses designed to provide small business owners, managers and employees with updated information on various business topics.
- Counseling services to new and existing small businesses provided by Small Business Center personnel and volunteers.
- Referrals to appropriate agencies.
- Maintaining a network of linkages with Chambers of Commerce, Small Business Administration, economic development agencies, related educational and development agencies, business volunteers, Department of Economic Development, banks and other financial institutions.
- A resource and information center provided for use by new and existing small businesses.
For more information on small business opportunities in North Carolina, try these clickable links:
- NC Small Business Center Network
- NC Small Business & Technology Development Center: SBTDC
- NC Department of Commerce
- Microsoft's Small Business Resource
- CCH Business Owner's Toolkit
- National Federation Of Business Online
- U.S. Business Advisor
- Small Business Supersite
- Small Business Resource Center
For more information: