VGCC’s Community Partners Roundtable Seeks to Strengthen Communities
On June 22, Cathy Davis, Coordinator of VGCC’s Counseling, Accessibility, & Support Services , hosted new and seasoned community partners on the South Campus in Creedmoor. The purpose of this Community Partners Round-Up Roundtable was to bring community resources back on campus to assist Vance-Granville students and employees. More than 10 organizations were present to discuss their programs and schedule events for the 2023-2024 college year. Attendees represented resources that are the catalyst for developing strong communities where everyone can have the “Vanguard Experience”—promoting awareness, safety, citizenship, health, wealth, wellness, and so much more.
Special thanks to Reba Bullock, VGCC’s Granville County Early College Liaison, for assisting with the event. Thanks also to all attendees, and kudos for all the life-changing work you are doing. It is an honor to serve our four-county service area alongside you.
– submitted by Cathy Davis, VGCC’s Coordinator of Counseling, Accessibility, & Support Services
The Community Partners Roundtable included the following guests:
- Linda Royster of The Allender Center
- Peggy Roark of Families Living Violence Free
- Earline Middleton of Green Rural Redevelopment Organization/Eva Clayton Rural Food Institute
- Vanessa Henderson of Infinite Possibilities Inc.
- Yolanda Oxendine of Lilyco Services LLC
- Charissa Puryear of North Carolina Cooperative Extension
- Rosalind Cross and Debbie Ferens of Piedmont Community College TRiO
- Traci Dunston of Safe Space Inc.
- Laquita Cozart of Vaya Health
- Tory Childress Lassiter of Vision Behavioral Health Services LLC
- Shander Meadows of Women Children & Family Counseling Services PLLC