The Vance-Granville Community College Health Sciences clubs are collecting donations at all four VGCC campuses for a "Prom Attire" collection drive through February 28, 2019.
All donations will be collected for a giveaway event to provide local high school students free attire to fulfill their prom dreams, according to Stacey Soles, VGCC’s program head for Medical Assisting and clinical coordinator for Radiography.
The drive is the second for the Health Sciences Clubs in Radiography, Human Services, Pharmacy, Histotechnology, Medical Assisting and Nursing.
The club leaders are asking that only clean, gently-used or new items be donated. All sizes will be accepted. The clubs also request that no dated items be donated.
Items that will be accepted are:
• Suits & Shirts: Tuxedos, suits, suit separates, dress shirts, vests;
• Ties & Shoes: Neck ties, bow ties, dress shoes;
• Dressy Dresses: Gowns, prom, party, formal; and
• Accessories & Shoes: Jewelry/hair accessories, handbags/clutches.
Drop-off locations are located at:
• Main Campus, Building 5, Room 5225: Audrey Stainback;
• South Campus, Building 2, Room G2212: Stacey Soles;
• Franklin Campus, Building 1, Room F1101: Priscilla Lewis; and
• Warren Campus, Building 1, Room W1101: Ruthie Davis.
For more information, donors should contact Stacey Soles at (252) 738-3515 or email@example.com.