NC TechHire Grant @ VGCC
To develop employees in the high-demand industries of Information Technology and Advanced Manufacturing.
Who Is Eligible?
- Individuals ages 17- 29
- US citizen, permanent resident or immigrant with work permit
- Resident of VGCC service area (80-mile radius around VGCC’s Main Campus)
How Long Does The Program Take To Complete?
- Courses vary in length. However, the maximum training time for any course is 240 hours. Students may pick the course(s) that interest them.
- Some students may be required to take “Working Smart to Career Success,” a Human Resources Development (HRD) component, which is designed to provide job-seekers the work/life skills that employers indicate translate into successful employees. These include communication, problem solving, time management, and accountability.
How Do I Get Into The Program?
- Register for the courses you are interested in. Browse our currently available courses.
- If selected, interview for the program
- Complete the TechHire Participant Application
- Agree to the program parameters and guidelines
How Much Does The Program Cost?
- Depends on the course selected.
- Grant funding may pay for registration fees, course fees, and certification fees required for the courses.
Kenneth Wilson, Project Manager | email@example.com – (252) 738-3259
Tiffani Polk, Academic & Career Coach | firstname.lastname@example.org – (252) 738-3291
Krystal Foxx, Job Placement Coordinator | email@example.com – (252) 738-3342