At VGCC you are assigned a VGCC email account through Microsoft Outlook.
- Be sure to set-up your VanguardID (username and password) using myVGCC .
- Locate your VGCC email address in myVGCC under the “User Options” link to the left of the screen and then clicking “User Profile”.
- Go to the Outlook Student Email log-in screen using the link above.
- Enter your VGCC email address and click next.
- Enter the password that you created for your myVGCC account and click next.
- Click “No” to the “Stay Signed In?” question.
- If it is your first time logging into your VGCC email, you will select “Eastern Time (US and Canada) as the time zone and set up the security questions for secure login.
Microsoft has a page of instructions to explain how students can download the Office 365 software on their computers for use.
There’s an App for that!
MS Outlook provides an app for mobile devices through the Google Play Store on Android and the App Store for Apple products. Search for MS Outlook to download the app to your device. Turn on notifications to stay up to date with college and class communications.
It is recommended that students check their VGCC email often and use their college email to communicate with their instructors, advisors and staff at the college. VGCC also recognizes your email using your college email account as your electronic signature.
Help Desk Info
If you need further assistance please feel free to fill out a Help Desk Request and someone from VGCC will call to assist you with your request.
- Never enter your social security number when filling out your help desk request.
- Logins and passwords cannot be emailed for security reasons, therefore you must provide a daytime contact phone number.
- You can expect to receive a response from your helpdesk request within 48 hours.
Helpful Email Tips
- Check your email daily
- VGCC faculty and staff will only communicate with you through your VGCC email. For protection of your privacy, we will not disclose any information regarding your grades, financial aid, or enrollment status to a personal email account.
- Beware of phishing scams! VGCC faculty and staff will never send you an email asking for your username, password or social security number. Contact VGCC IT if you feel your email account has been hacked or compromised.