How to install Office 365
Sign in to download Office
- Go to www.office.com and if you’re not already signed in, select Sign in.
- Sign in with your VanguardID. This is the same username and password combination you use for myVGCC.
- If you do not know or remember your username/password then please visit our VanguardID page. It has more information that could help you recover your information.
- From the Office home page select Install Office -> Office 365 Apps to start the download.
- This completes the download of Office to your device. To complete the installation, follow the prompts in the “Install Office” section below.
- Depending on your browser, select Run (in Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).
- If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? select Yes.
- The install begins.
- Your install is finished when you see the phrase, “You’re all set! Office is installed now” and an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your computer. Select Close.
- Once the download has completed, open Finder, go to Downloads, and double-click Microsoft Office installer.pkg file (the name might vary slightly).
Tip: If you see an error that says the Microsoft Office installer.pkg can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer, wait 10 seconds and move the downloaded file to your desktop. Hold Control + click the file to launch the installer.
- On the first installation screen, select Continue to begin the installation process.
- Review the software license agreement, and then click Continue.
- Select Agree to agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
- Choose how you want to install Office and click Continue.
- Review the disk space requirements or change your install location, and then click Install.
- Enter your Mac login password, if prompted, and then click Install Software. (This is the password that you use to log in to your Mac.)
- The software begins to install. Click Close when the installation is finished. If Office installation fails, see What to try if you can’t install or activate Office for Mac .
- To open an Office app, select the Start button (lower-left corner of your screen) and type the name of an Office app, like Word.
- If you have Windows 8.1 or 8.0, type the name of an Office app on the Start screen.
- To open the Office app, select its icon in the search results.
- When the Office app opens, accept the license agreement. Office is activated and ready to use.
- Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock to display all of your apps.
- Click the Microsoft Word icon in the Launchpad.
- The What’s New window opens automatically when you launch Word. Click Get Started to start activating. If you need help activating Office, see Activate Office for Mac . If Office activation fails, see What to try if you can’t install or activate Office for Mac .