North Carolina Community College System – Student Complaint Process

If a complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting the college's grievance process, which is found on page 87 of the VGCC Student Catalog, the individual may file a complaint with the state.  To file a complaint concerning a postsecondary institution offering degree programs in North Carolina, complete the Student Complaint Form (below) and email it to  It may also be mailed to the University of North Carolina General Administration at the following address:

Attn:  Director for Licensure, UNC General Administration
910 Raleigh Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27515-2688

Phone:  919-962-4558
Fax:  919-962-7139

Complaints concerning any of the 58 North Carolina community colleges may also be directly submitted to the North Carolina Community College System by any of the following methods.  By mail:

North Carolina Community College System
5016 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-5016

Phone:  919-807-7100
Fax:  919-807-7173

NCCCS Student Complaint Form