Admission is based on the eligibility checklist completion.
1. Apply to VGCC. Designate Medical Assisting Diploma as the desired program of study. Deadline for application to VGCC for the Medical Assisting Diploma program is May 28, by 5 p.m. in person or 11:59 p.m. online. Applications will continue to be processed until program has reached capacity. Applicants will be placed into a Pre-Health Curriculum (Associate in General Education-General Science A10300S), until selected into the program.
2. Submit official transcripts of high school graduation or equivalency and all post-secondary transcripts to the Admissions Office.
3. Complete placement testing with scores that must meet the requirements designated by the College for enrollment into ENG 111 and DMA 040.
Students may be able to waive placement testing with:
- High school transcript: Students currently enrolled in high school should submit a high school transcript after their senior year first semester grades are posted. High school transcripts may be evaluated for placement test waiver if the student graduated within the past five years.
- Standardized test scores (SAT, ACT)
- College credit in transferrable English and Math
NOTE: Test scores or developmental coursework must be completed within five years of the beginning of Fall 2015 entry date.
4. Complete a high school or basic post-secondary Biology course with a grade of "C" or better.
5. Achieve a program-specific GPA of 2.0 or higher as calculated on the last Thursday in May. A grade of "C" or better is required for all general education courses. BIO course(s) required for the program must be completed within 10 years of the date beginning of Fall entry date.
6. All indebtedness to the College must be paid by May 28, 2015.
7. The student must complete the Eligibility Checklist and submit to Health Sciences Admissions by the last Thursday in May at 5 p.m. to be considered for Fall admission.