1. Practice professional nursing behaviors incorporating personal responsibility and accountability for continued competence.
2. Communicate professionally and effectively with individuals, significant support person(s), and members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
3. Integrate knowledge of the holistic needs of the individual to provide an individual centered assessment.
4. Incorporate informatics to formulate evidence-based clinical judgments and management decisions.
5. Implement caring interventions incorporating documented best practices for individuals in diverse settings.
6. Develop a teaching plan for individuals, and/or the nursing team, incorporating teaching and learning principles.
7. Collaborate with the interdisciplinary healthcare team to advocate for positive individual and organizational outcomes.
8. Manage health care of the individual using cost effective nursing strategies, quality improvement processes, and current technologies.