To be eligible for graduation, a student must:
- Have all official high school and any required post-secondary transcripts on file with the Admissions/Records Office at VGCC. See the online Student Catalog for more details.
- Successfully complete his/her course of study.
- Earn a cumulative quality point average of 2.0 on all work attempted that is applicable toward graduation.*
*The Associate Degree Nursing, Practical Nursing, Medical Assisting, and Radiography Programs have additional grade point average requirements for graduation.
- Have no outstanding balance due to the Business Office. (No degree, diploma, certificate, or transcript of a record will be issued to a student who has not made satisfactory settlement with the Business Office for all indebtedness to the College.)
- Have submitted an Application for Graduation form, signed by his or her academic advisor, to the Registrar’s Office.
- Pay a graduation fee at the Business Office or through WebAdvisor.
Note 1: Transfer students must complete a minimum of 25 percent of the course credit hours as required in their program of study at Vance-Granville Community College.
It is strongly recommended that students complete the WorkKeys Assessment prior to graduation. WorkKeys is an assessment system used to measure job skills that are believed to be critical to success in the workplace. It provides students with a portable credential that is nationally recognized by business and industry, provides valuable feedback to curriculum programs, determines skills in need of improvement and offers participants opportunities for career exploration. Recipients can be awarded Career Readiness Certificates (CRC) of Gold, Silver or Bronze based on their skill levels in Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information and Locating Information.
The cost of the assessment will be funded from a combination of grants, fees and institutional money. Please note that the assessment results will not impact a student's GPA or program completion. Please visit Vance-Granville’s Human Resource Development (HRD) for more information.