Many students are uncertain what major to choose when entering college because they have not yet decided upon a career path. Interest inventories and career assessment tools can help you to determine what type of career you will find most rewarding. Once you have confirmed your career goals, talk with an Academic & Career Coach or Advisor to be certain your education plans support your career goals!!
VGCC Has A New Resource To Help Students with Academic & Career Planning!
ALL NEW AND RETURNING STUDENTS should complete the FOCUS 2 Assessment upon acceptance to VGCC or as soon as possible!!
BE PREPARED FOR ADVISING AND REGISTRATION !! - Complete the FOCUS 2 assessments BEFORE you meet with your Academic & Career Coach or Advisor.
What is FOCUS 2?
- A self-guided career, major and education planning system that guides you through the career planning process.
- Use FOCUS 2 at any stage of your education and career planning.
- Start with any feature, repeat a feature if desired.
- Use the system as an ongoing resource.
- All results are saved and accessible in your FOCUS 2 Portfolio.
First time users: Create New Account. Use the access code vanguard when prompted.
First Time Users
- BEGIN with My Career Planning Readiness to understand the career planning process.
- LEARN ABOUT YOURSELF using the Self-Assessments. Discover majors and occupations that match your personal attributes.
- EXPLORE Major Areas of Study that match YOUR interests and support YOUR career goals.
- Use for ongoing career exploration.
- Solidify your career plans.
- Consider advanced education and training if applicable.
- Explore future options for transitioning into specialized occupations.
Use Focus 2 on any device; Computers, phones, tablets!
TIP: After using Focus 2, think about your results. Discuss your ideas with your Academic & Career Coach or Advisor. Be sure to continue to use Focus 2 as an ongoing resource.