Hardware and Software Requirements
Online students must have home access to a computer with the following minimum requirements:
- A PC running a Microsoft Windows Operating System or Mac OS with the operating system’s minimum requirements for processor, memory, and hard drive (See the Microsoft or Apple website for minimum requirements)
- At least 10.0 GB of free hard-drive space (additional space may be needed for multimedia files)
- 1024 x 768 monitor with a 16-bit or greater video card (24-bit preferred)
- DVD-ROM drive or CD-ROM drive
- Sound card with speakers, webcam and microphone (for selected courses)
- Microsoft Office 365 (available free to VGCC students)
- The latest version of Firefox (free download available here)
- Adobe® Reader® (free download available here)
- Adobe® Flash Player (free download available here)
- Java Browser Plugin (free download available here)
VGCC offers Microsoft Office 365 free through your student email account. This instructional YouTube video on VGCC Email & Office 365 will help guide you through the steps to access your email and download Office 365.
Additional Technology Requirements for Courses
Along with the Technology Requirements listed in the Catalog, all students should review and be aware of any additional software and hardware requirements for their classes prior to enrollment.