Complaint Resolution

Vance-Granville Community College Complaint Process

Vance-Granville Community College attempts to provide the highest quality educational opportunities available. However if a conflict does arise, students of Vance-Granville Community College should attempt to resolve all issues and complaints with the college by following the General Student Grievance Procedure located in the Vance-Granville Community College Grievance Procedure. If an issue cannot be resolved internally you may file a complaint with your State AgencyPlease try to resolve any complaints with the college before going to any outside agency.

Complaints should be addressed to the attention of the supervising dean:

Angela Thomas - Dean of Health Sciences

Cecilia Wheeler - Dean of Arts & Sciences

Angela Gardner - Dean of Business and Applied Technology


Vance-Granville Community College Grievance Procedure

Vance-Granville Communtiy College Student Grievance Form

SARA-NC Complaint Process

Once a student has exhausted all institutional grievance processes and still remains dissatisfied with the outcome the student may file a written complaint with NCSEAA within two years of the occurrence of the complaint.

SARA-NC Contact Information:

SARA North Carolina
North Caroline State Education Assistance Authority
P.O. Box 14103
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Toll Free Phone: (855) SARA-1-NC (727-2162)
Local Phone: (919) 549-8614, ext. 4667

SARA-NC Complaint Process

SARA-NC Complaint Form

The North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints unit.

Please review the Student Complaint Policy (PDF), print and complete the Student Complaint Form (PDF) and submit the complaint to:

North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints
c/o Student Complaints
University of North Carolina System Office
910 Raleigh Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27515-2688
Telephone: (919) 962-4550

Website: North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints 

Regional Accreditor (SACSCOC) Complaint Process

If a student has evidence that an institution is in significant non-compliance with SACSCOC standards, policies, or procedures, the individual should inform SACSCOC using the information and form in the PDF linked below.

1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097
Telephone: 404-679-4500

Professional Licensure

If you are considering a program at Vance-Granville Community College that leads to licensure or certification and you do not live in North Carolina, we are happy to assist.  Please contact the people below with questions: 

Health Sciences: Dean Angela Thomas

Cosmetology: Program Head Tomeka Moss

PDF Student Complaint Information by State and Agency

PDF Directory of State Authorization and Lead Contacts

PDF Professional Licensing Board Disclaimer and Contacts (License/Licensure Information)

Discrimination and Equity Issues

All discrimination and equity issues should be filed with VGCC’s Title IX Coordinator.

Disability and Accessibility

Attempts to fulfill ADA/504 requirements should be sent to VGCC Disability Services