Students are invited to enter the 2017 Domestic Violence Awareness Poster Contest! The theme is “Know my face: no more silence.” One student per campus will win a $25 gift certificate for the VGCC Bookstore. The winners’ posters will be displayed for the remainder of the month of October. All four posters will be used to promote next year’s Domestic Violence Awareness Events, as well.
1. All posters must be on standard poster paper.
2. Drawings or artwork should reflect the missed signs of domestic violence which include psychological, emotional, verbal and physical abuse.
3. Please refrain from using graphics such as knives, guns, rope, chains, bottles, offensive acts and profanity. Any posters with these items will not be accepted.
4. Participants must be students enrolled at Vance-Granville Community College.
5. Only one entry per person.
All submissions must be in by Friday, October 13, at 3:00 p.m. Winners will be announced on Friday, October 20. There will be one winner per campus.
Deliver your poster to the following VGCC staff at each campus:
• Main Campus: Cathy Davis or Roberta Freeman (both in Building 8 on Main Campus)
• South Campus: Randall Thornton (in Student Success Center on South Campus)
• Franklin Campus: Veta Pierce-Cappetta (in Student Success Center on Franklin Campus) or Marque Debnam (room F1213)
• Warren Campus: Ruthie Davis (in Building 1 on Warren Campus)
For more information, contact Cathy Davis at 252-738-3350 or firstname.lastname@example.org.