- Students will have a basic understanding of infection control and be able to safely use disinfectants according to the guidelines of Universal Precautions.
- Students will have a basic understanding of and be able to demonstrate on live model or mannequin various methods of hair designs.
- Students will be able to demonstrate a basic knowledge of the hazards associated with the professional care of the hair, skin and nails.
- Students will understand basic chemical processes and be able to demonstrate proper procedures and applications including chemical texture services, lighteners and color.
- Students will have an understanding of and be able to demonstrate a basic haircut; determine the correct implements needed; follow proper safety and sanitation practices.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively with clientele as well as members of the public.