International students are admitted in accordance with federal US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (USICE) regulations that govern non-immigrant student visa (F-1) status. Vance-Granville Community College is authorized by the USCIS to issue I-20 Forms to qualified international applicants for Associate degree programs. In summary, before being admitted, an international student must:
- Submit an Application for Admission with the applicant's original signature;
- Present official TOEFL, SAT or ACT scores that document academic English ability, or acceptable scores in English, Reading and Mathematics on the college placement test battery. (This option is only available to international applicants who are already in the U.S. on another valid non-immigrant visa type);
- Submit official secondary and/or high school and college or university transcripts (if applicable). Transcripts must be submitted with the application for admission in sealed envelopes or mailed directly to VGCC from the overseas institution,and must be translated to English if necessary;
- Submit an Affidavit of Support completed by the applicant's sponsor and accompanied by an original bank letter or statement that certifies the availability of sufficient funds to cover all expenses, food, housing, and transportation. For detailed information on cost of attendance figures visit the National Center for Education Statistics .
- Transfer students who are currently attending a college or university in the United States must submit a Visa Clearance form.
- Submit a one semester tuition deposit (approximately $3,500 to $4,000.)
All admissions requirements must be met before the College can issue an I-20 Form to an international applicant. International students are considered out-of-state for tuition purposes as long as they hold a non-immigrant visa, and are not eligible for state or federal financial aid. International students are required to study on a full-time basis (at least 12 hours) every fall and spring semester, and are not eligible for employment except under limited circumstances.