Male Mentoring Success Initiative
The Male Mentoring Success Initiative (MMSI) is an empowering and engaging program using a “coaching" system that provides diverse male students with support and guidance.
MMSI helps male students to acquire the confidence, resources, and skills needed to succeed academically and socially at Vance-Granville Community College and provides:
- Assistance in transitioning to campus and student life at VGCC
- Regular contact with a team of coaches.
- Increased awareness and respect for culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Introductions to academic services and campus resources.
- Professional and mentoring relationships with a team of mentors.
- Participation in workshops and seminars.
- Encouragement for personal growth and helps identify personal, academic, social and professional goals.
Requirements to join the Male Mentoring Program
Incoming male students are invited to join the Male Mentoring Success Initiative. Any male that joins is a Mentee. Mentees participate in regular monthly meetings that feature a speaker and/or a workshop on a topic. Mentees voluntarily participate in workshops, activities and programs provided by MMSI. Mentees are strongly encouraged to maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA.
Great! You Want to Join?
If you are interested in joining MMSI, complete the Male Mentoring Form and return it to the Student Learning & Success Center in Building 1 on Main Campus, or contact Anthony Pope at (252) 738-3395 or Michael Farmer at (252) 738-3234.