The NC DAP placement test consists of two parts:
- Essay: 300-600 Words. Timed - allowed 2 hours to complete.
- Reading Comprehension: 30 multiple choice questions. Untimed.
- Revising and Editing: 20 multiple choice questions. Untimed.
72 Multiple choice questions. Untimed. The test covers the six math modules listed below:
- DMA 010 - Operations with Integers
- DMA 020 - Fractions and Decimals
- DMA 030 - Proportions/Ratios/Rates/Percents
- DMA 040 - Expressions, Linear Equations, Linear Inequalities
- DMA 050 - Graphs and Equations of Lines
- DMA 060 - Polynomials and Quadratic Applications
Students are strongly encouraged to prepare for the placement test!
NC DAP Combined Mathematics & English/Reading Sample Questions Guide
Official NC DAP Study App (FREE!)
WritePlacer Guide With Sample Essays
General Accuplacer Preparation
I Love Math
Wake Tech MOOC Introductory Algebra Review
BPCC Open Campus
The placement test is free to prospective and currently enrolled students.
A proctoring fee of $25 will be assessed for individuals requesting to test for other colleges or agencies.
Call your preferred test center location to make an appointment.
It is recommended that students take the two parts in two separate sittings to avoid fatigue.
Be Ready for the Placement Test
- Get accurate directions to the campus where you are testing
- Eat before arriving at the test center
- Arrive 5-10 minutes before the appointment time
- A valid photo ID (see below for list) is required upon arrival for your testing appointment.
- Do NOT bring phones, tablets, food, drinks, or children to your placement test appointment.