COMMUNITY SERVICE PROGRAM - PERSONAL ENRICHMENT
Here at Vance Granville Community College we offer a number of affordable, non-credit classes that allow attendees to explore their personal interest. The purpose of the Community Service Program is to provide a lifelong learning for adults to meet individual needs and interests and contribute to the community's overall cultural, civic, and intellectual growth.
We offer a non-competitive environment for students to choose as many classes as they would like. Coming 2014 Fall Semester:
Arts & Crafts
- Painting - This course is for all levels. Learn new techniques or define your personal style for original paintings using watercolors, oils, or acrylics.
- Portrait Painting - Learn oil techniques and methods to create your very own portrait painting. (All levels welcomed.)
- Dollmaking- Experience the joy of creating a wonderful ceramic doll masterpiece. Including painting and clothing the dolls
- Woodworking - Tune up your skills and learn how to select wood, use power and hand tools while making some shop improvements. Tools are provided, but not materials.
Home & Gardening
- Let's have a Tea Party - It's more than a drink...it's TEA! Learn how to attend or host your very own English Tea party with class and style.
Sewing & Quilting
- Quilting - If you ever wanted to make a quilt. Join this class to learn how to make a personalized quilt from start to finish. (Beginners & Advanced Welcomed)
- Motorcycle Safety - Grab life by the bars! This class was created for students with little or no experience, but even seasoned riders have found this class to be a benefit. Riders of all levels are welcome. We provide motorcycle for training. Helmets will be provided if necessary. Students need to wear: long pants, a long-sleeve shirt / jacket, boots that cover the ankles, full-fingered gloves, and eye protection such as sunglasses or a face shield on a helmet.
- Upping Afterschool Game -Enhance your afterschool care program. Learn and discuss core competencies based on research, as well as strategies that address relevant issues and challenges. The training aims to help both new and experienced afterschool administrators and staff members.
Register Now before classes fill up!