VGCC Calendar > View Event
|Added By: Greg Hughes
|8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Enrollment in this course is restricted to Law Enforcement Officers and Criminal Justice Professionals.
Location: Main Campus - Building 7 - Room 7242
Title: 2014 Detention Officer Readiness
Lesson Purpose: To increase the overall mind-set and attitudes of detention officers who perform routine and repetitive tasks in daily job performance.
Training Objectives: At the end of this block of instruction, the participant will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with the information presented during the instructional period:
1. Evaluate the ten attributes of a survival-oriented detention officer.
2. Implement the four components of mental preparation to effectively increase officer readiness.
3. Distinguish among the various color code awareness levels.
4. Examine the history and impact of line-of-duty deaths.
5. Explain the components of the Below 100 initiative.
6. List the measures that agencies can take to minimize line-of-duty deaths, as recommended in the Below 100 training.